Pages

Saturday 4 February 2012

Ripples, inspiration and snow

Well, here I am, starting my first crochet ripple blanket. This are the colours:

Yarn for crochet ripple

Yarn is Cuore For Baby by KATIA, 50g/190mts, 80% acrilic, 25% merino, 15% polyamide. It is extremely soft and nice to touch, so should be an ideal thing for the baby blanket. I bought it from Knitters World Scarborough and the price was fantastic, but only because this yarn has been discontinued by KATIA.
Actually I bought it while I was pregnant to make a warm slipsuit for My Little Man, but then I realized how much time will it take to knit a slipsuit with so fine yarn. So I decided to crochet a baby blanket for my husband's cousins baby who should be born in April.

One more thing I want to share today is more inspirational. Probably I'm a bit crazy about doing two things in the same time, but I manage to search the Web while breastfeeding and today I was looking for some clothes made with granny squares. Most of the pictures are quite odd and boring in the same time, but this four looked quite cool to me.

Granny crochet dresses

I really love them all, especially the last one. It looks so cool and modern despite it's just the old well-known granny squares.

And finally the last news for today - it's snowing here! I really like snow. I missed the snow so much this winter and finaly it's here. This is how it looks through my sitting room window:
Snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment