Pages

Monday 4 June 2012

New charity project - "Knit for Japan"

Looks like I found a charity project I'll participate in this year. It's called "Knit for Japan" and was started by a german, who lives in Japan to help the victims of March 2011 earthquake in Japan. First he wants to join all the granny squares into a huge blanket for the Ginnes record book and then the blanket will be divided back into regular size afghans and donated to temporary housing facilities in Tohoku/ Japan, to support victims of the March 2011 earthquake. You can follow the link and find out more, or may be participate too.

Last year I made a charity blanket for the orphants in Russia. Here it is finished before I sent it:

crochet blanket

Hope one little girl really loves it as it was really a lot of love put into it :)

I think that it is quite a good tradition - participating in at least one charity project every year. I really believe in this things. And I believe in them more than in donating some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment